Types of Workshops
High energy, multi-sensory, multi-educational aromatherapy environments and experiences specially crafted to maximize audience participation.
The discussion theme is an eclectic mix of general information, bits of interesting facts , lifestyles of the time, believe it or not items, apothecary healing notes and more all woven together to keep everyone interested and involved . These custom created interactive workshops (please see monthly schedule) include:
- A seasonal hands-on unique presentation table related to discussion topic. Participants are able to see, smell, and touch fresh herbs, dry herbs, grasses, flowers, apothecary herbs, antique and interesting items and more.
- Sampling and discussion of essential oils, scented massage oils, herbs, scrubs, lotions, sprays, and soaps.
- Each participant receives two aromatherapy items (please see Shana Aromatherapy).
- Sessions are one hour not including setup and cleanup.
- Minimum group of 10.
- Workshops run Sunday thru Friday afternoon; no Saturdays.
A different kind of workshop for your severe memory impaired population.
"When cognitive function is altered , it is more difficult to communicate what is going on inside and even to stay present to the people who love them and are trying to care of them. Usual ways of communicating are often frustrating for the caregiver because there is not much response..."
"The Sampler" is an hour of sensory, tactile stimulation, and hand massage set to music utilizing the powerful effect essential oils have on attitude, mind, and well being in conjunction with touch as a form of communication. An environment is created starting with a seasonal unique table presentation. Participants are able to see and smell, fresh herbs, dry herbs, grasses, flowers, apothecary herbs, essential oil strips, antique and memory triggering items. Custom blended oils are specifically chosen and hand mixed.
- deep relaxation
- relieving both mental & physical fatigue
- stimulates both body & mind without negative side effects
- helps to release suppressed feelings which can be shared in a safe setting
- Sampler kit of custom blends included.
Groups, One-on-one & Bedside Available!
Do you have a large group, a special theme, or professional function? Any monthly discussion topic including entire interactive environment and samples can be presented to your group excluding any aromatherapy give-a-ways (please see monthly schedule).
Additional topics include:
- The history and traditions of herbs through the ages and around the world.
- The herbalist, understanding and using natural remedies
- The apothecary in colonial times was more than simply a druggist.
- In 1629, the first book on herbs and plants describing the connective relationship of history, horticulture, botany, and pharmacy.
- Apothecary gardens in history.
- Aromachology- the psychological effects of fragrance related to the workplace environment; a new category within behavioral therapy.
- The housewife in medieval times.
- Are responses to odors innate or learned? Where do our odor preferences come from, what influences them, and how they can be changed?
- Love potions, poisons, charms; "scentual" aromatherapy